Fall Semester: Priority will be given to complete applications submitted by December 1. Complete applications received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
Spring Semester: You must contact the department to determine available space in the program before applying. Applications that are submitted without department approval will not be reviewed.
- A completed application package:
- Online Application
- $60.00 US application fee (paid online with the application),
- 3 letters of recommendation,
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended,
- Personal statement,
- Official General GRE scores (and TOEFL if international applicant) sent from ETS;
- A minimum undergraduate or masters GPA of 3.0;
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test: Consult your local institution for details about these exams or write to the Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 955, Princeton, NJ 08540;
- For international students, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for non-native speakers of English. The minimum acceptable TOEFL score for admission is 580 or above on the paper-based version, 237 on the computer-based version, or 92 on the internet-based version. In order to issue a visa to international students, the University must have received an original (not a photocopy) certified statement from a bank or government agency that sufficient funds are available to meet the cost of study, living, and necessary travel above that of any stipend received.
Admission Application Instructions
- First: Complete the Online Application As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report all GRE scores. International applicants must self-report BCMB GRE and TOEFL scores.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average)
- 3 Letters of recommendations
- Upload a personal statement
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489 (international students may request that official TOEFL scores be sent instead of the general GRE)
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana)
Where to Send Materials:
Arrange to have all letters of recommendation, transcripts and other supporting materials sent directly to the Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the address below. DO NOT send materials to The University of Montana Admissions Office or Graduate School.
The University of Montana
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
32 Campus Drive, Skaggs 341
Missoula, Montana 59812-1552
NOTE: You may send copies of your transcripts and test scores. However, original documents are required before any recommendation towards your application can be made to the Graduate School of The University of Montana. After you have submitted your application, please keep us informed of any change in your contact information. Admission is contingent upon availability of space, faculty, and financial resources.
Graduate Program Coordinator
Telephone (406) 243-2761
Fax: (406) 243-4209