Montana Child & Family Services Division
Keeping Children Safe and Families Strong
Welcome to CFSD's webpage for training and professional development! To meet CFSD's commitment to Montana's children and families it is important that you have continual access to state-of-the-art educational resources to help you meet the complex needs of the children, youth, and families. This webpage provides training modules, educational videos, and resources on relevant topics.. It also provides links to educational resources that are helpful to families who need help caring for their children.
The University of Montana's Center for Children, Families, and Workforce Development manages the webpage's content and is continually adding new materials. Let us know if you have any suggestions to improve the webpage. We can be contacted at CCFWD@umontana.edu.
We are transitioning over to a new system for better tracking and ease of use. If you have already entered our training modules using the other system please continue your training through the new link. We will continue to track your progress to make sure your supervisor knows your completion date, otherwise the system will be tracking all new accounts.
The new system is a link to Moodle, a learning management system. It requires you to self-register so please follow the steps below.
- Click on the button below, it will open in a new tab on your computer, you will be asked to add this course to your cart. This course is free and you will not be asked to add payment information.
- Once you place the course in your cart you will be prompted to check out.
- After you hit the checkout button, you will be asked to register. If this is your first time logging in, you will be creating an account. If you have already created an account, use your previous sign in/password.
- Click on the SELL link on the left, then select Non-credit courses. Select the course title CFSD New Employee Online Training and add to cart.
- Follow all of the remaining prompts. Some of the same screen prompts you previously saw before will come up. Continue to select "submit" until you get to the final screen, which is an order receipt.
- You will receive an email within minutes confirming your registration, within 24 hours you should receive log in information via email. Once you receive your log in information you may start your training.
We hope you enjoy this new experience, if you have any questions please feel free to call. Moodle also has a wonderful help desk to assist you, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-243-4999.
The following links provide you and families with additional resources.