Tips for Graduate Students
Tips for graduate students registering for classes:
Graduate students must register for between 9-12 credits. 9 credits is the minimum. (A special exception is allowed for students who wish to obtain residency in Montana: please contact the Graduate School.)
- Degree Guidelines may be found on the Graduate School Page.
- BCH course descriptions may be found here.
- BIOM course descriptions may be found here.
- BMED course descriptions may be found here.
To determine course number for Research Credits, go to:
- pull down the “Subject” menu item and choose Biochemistry (BCH) or Biology-Microbiology (BIOM) and type “”Research” in “Course Title” and hit “Search” button. Individual faculty members act as Instructors for courses numbered 570 (Intro to Research; for first-year students) or 597 (Research).
Seminars/Data Club courses
Graduate academic courses are offered every other year.
Courses offered Autumn Semester (odd years)
BCH 584: Nucleic Acids (3 cr)
Courses offered Autumn Semester(even years)
BCH 582: Proteins and Enzymes (4 cr)
Courses offered Spring Semester (odd years)
BIOM 509: Advanced Virology (3 cr)
BCH 581: Physical Biochemistry (3 cr)
BIOB 509: Principles of Light Microscopy (3 cr)
Courses offered Spring Semester (even years)
BIOM 502: Advanced Immunology (3 cr)
BCH 600: Cell Organization and Mechanisms (3 cr)
Additional courses are available through other departments. To learn more, go to:
- choose 'Term', then 'Subject' (e.g., Biomedical/Pharmaceutical Sciences), then push the 'Get Courses' button.