Wednesday Afternoon Learning
Wednesday afternoons are protected time for resident learning and other FMRWM work:
Theme days. Monthly an entire afternoon clusters around one clinical theme.
Core Family Medicine topics. High yield topics are included outside of theme days.
- RHEDI/ Bridging to Practice. Addressing contraception, miscarriage, abortion and reproductive justice.
- Pharmacy topics. As part of theme days.
- Ortho/sports meds.
- HSM/ Practice Management and Population Health. As part of theme days.
- Humanism and Ethics
- Rural physicians- Presentations on common topics specifically from a rural perspective. Presented by attendings at our rural sites.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- POCUS. As part of theme days.
- Resident as teacher. Teaching skills for working with junior residents, med students and other learners.
- Addiction medicine.
- Pediatric topics. Dedicated longitudinal presentations on pediatric topics.
- Behavioral health.
- Procedurals. Covering common FM procedures.
- Balint sessions.
- Resident meetings
- Class meetings with Program Director.
- Support group
- Resident- Faculty meetings.
- Advisor-Advisee meetings.
The expectation is that these are EBM driven and as much as possible case based and interactive.