Social Determinants of Health
January 14, 2021
This training will provide an overview of the social determinants of health framework and how it fits into Healthy People 2020, using wide ranging examples and interactive exercises. Attendees will finish the course with an understanding of the framework and how to implement its strategies and best practice interventions in their own work and communities.
- Be able to use the Healthy People 2020 SDOH approach to define a public health challenges
- Be able to identify and define the five key social determinants of health
- Economic Stability
- Social and Community Context
- Health and Health Care
- Neighborhood and Built Environment
- Be able to describe a scientific case study within each social determinant
- Use the SDOH framework to discuss health needs in your home community
Kimber McKay brings expertise in health program planning and implementation as well as extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation and twenty years of teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in medical anthropology, global health and public health.