Online Geriatric Health Issues & Aging Curriculum
We are excited to announce the initial launching of our new and improved MTGEC Online Geriatric Health Issues and Aging Curriculum! MTGEC has been working hard to bring you a better online experience. A major change to the site is our web design. Our new look includes rich content, easy navigation, a clean design and vibrant graphics/videos to deliver maximum impact.
Currently, the curriculum has converted 10 of its modules into the new format:
- Biology of Aging
- Cognitive Decline and Dementia in Older Adults
- Collaborative Practices for the Clinical Environment
- End-of-Life Care in Older Adults
- Health Promotion and Wellness in Older Adults
- Nutritional Concerns in Older Adults
- Patients for Partners
- Psychosocial Issues of Aging
- Screening for Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults
- Screening for Depression in Older Adults
The above list does not include all of the modules MTGEC currently offers. Modules are converted according to use demand and revision timelines. Access to the modules not yet converted will be included in the registration in the old format.
Another exciting announcement with the new design is that MTGEC is offering the course through the end of the current grant cycle, June 2019, for FREE!!
ABOUT THE CURRICULUM
The curriculum is a valuable resource for professional development and/or personal growth. With several courses to choose from it meets a variety of learning needs for professionals, students and faculty working within the health care sector across the state. Courses focus on aging and associated health issues, are interdisciplinary in context, current in best practices and approved for continuing education/contact hours (CEU’s) for nurses, pharmacists, social workers, licensed counselors, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and nursing home administrators.
Upon successful completion of a course, continuing education units (CEU’s) will be awarded and a certificate issued. Registration to the course gains participants 24/7 access to the curriculum for one year, providing a self-paced format with the flexibility to fit busy scheduling needs.
For a listing of course titles, associated continuing education/contact hours, and professional credit licensing details see the following links:
HOW TO ENROLL?
1. Add the course to check out and create an account with username and password.
2. You will receive 2 immediate emails with the username and password information you created. This does NOT complete the registration process. Follow the sign in link provided in the emails.
3. Sign in using the username and password you created. When you sign in you will see the screen below. Click the SELL link to the left.
Another screen will appear that looks like the one below. Click the All Courses link at the top and then scroll down until you find the MTGEC Online Geriatric Health Issues and Aging Course. This will again bring you to a check out page. Complete checkout and a third email will be sent within 24 hours providing access to the course.