The University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education through 2028. Please visit ACPE for more information.
Why Attend the Skaggs School's Doctor of Pharmacy Program?
First-Time Naplex Pass Rate (Avg 2016-2020)
Ranked #2 Nationally
Graduate Employment Rate
2021 Residency Match Rate
MBA, MPH, MS, PhD
Scholarships Awarded Annually
Keeping YOUR training affordable
UM Skaggs School of Pharmacy awarded an average $180,600/year in scholarships from 2019-2021.
In-State Tuition & Fees
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees
In many instances the cost of attending Pharmacy School in Montana as an out-of-state student is less than their own in-state programs.
It's something worth looking into.
Up to $15,000/year tuition reductions for eligible non-resident applicants
Out-of-State Tuition Academic Merit Award
Unique clinical experiences and exposure throughout your Pharm.D. program, equipping our graduates with skills for providing care, population health and outreach, and rural and underserved health:
- Innovative small group discussion and problem-solving sessions throughout P1-P3 years.
- Clinical simulations and interprofessional learning experiences throughout P1-P4 years
- Clinical and outreach experiences starting the very first semester
- Clinical rotations in rural and underserved areas including Indian Health Services and Tribal sites in Montana
- Extensive dual degree offerings: PharmD/MPH, PharmD/MBA and PharmD/MS in Pharmaceutical Science and Drug Design
- Opportunity to participate in International Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs) in India, Borneo, Scotland, France, Peru and Romania
- Global health APPE: Interprofessional experience (pharmacy, PT, public health, family medicine residency) in a low-resource setting, learning about both public health and direct clinical care. Pharmacy students learn about travel medicine, tropical disease, WHO essential medications, traditional medicines used in other cultures, healthcare systems/policy, and the role of the pharmacist in these settings. In the past, the partner organization has been located in Indonesian Borneo, and we intended to send students to India in 2020.
- Scotland APPE: Travel to several NHS sites where students learn about pharmacy practice in the UK and are exposed to direct patient care in community pharmacy settings.
- France APPE: Exchange program with the University of Rennes (students must be fluent in French).
- Natural Medicines APPE in Peru: Offered by Global Awareness Institute, rotation takes place in Peruvian Amazon
- Romania APPE: For MBA dual-degree students, students learn about health systems from a business standpoint and providing care in a low resource setting