Certificate in Public Health Administration (CPHA)
The Certificate of Public Health Administration (CPHA) requires the completion of 12 credits. Non-PUBH course transfer credits may not be applied toward the CPHA.
The CPHA will provide students with a general overview of public health and healthcare systems at the global, national, state and local levels.
- PUBH 530: Public Health Administration and Management (3 cr)
(Students choose three)
- PUBH 535: Health Policy (3 cr)
- PUBH 550: Program Evaluation & Research Methods (3 cr)
- PUAD 522: Human Resource Management (3 cr)
- PUAD 504: Organization Theory (3 cr) - in-classroom course (UM-Missoula)
- PUAD 505: Budgeting and Finance (3 cr) - in-classroom Course (UM-Missoula)
- PUAD 503: Policy Analysis (3 cr)
- PSCI 463: Development Administration (3 cr) - in-classroom course (UM-Missoula)
- PSCI 524: Management Skills (3 cr) - in-classroom course (UM-Missoula)
The CPHA is geared towards:
- those who currently work in a public health setting but may have no formal public health training
- those who wish to update their public health training
- those who work in related fields and wish to broaden their knowledge of public health issues and concepts.
The CPHA may also be a good way to get started on the MPH degree (although admission into the Certificate of Public Health Administration program does not guarantee admission into the MPH program). The Certificate of Public Health Administration option could be completed in as little as a year.
SPCHS has collaborative agreements with The University of Montana Health and Human Performance (HHP) and Physical Therapy (PT) graduate programs and the UM Pharm D program, for students already accepted by these programs to facilitate earning a CPHA by accepting existing Letters of References submitted to their home programs. Please contact the SPCHS office for more information.