Keeping Children Safe and Families Strong (CFSD Mission)
Welcome to CFSD's foster parent training webpage! To help you better understand and successfully meet the needs of your foster child it is important that you have constant access to high quality educational and training materials. This webpage provides you access to training modules, educational videos, and resources on topics that address the complex needs of children and youth. It also provides you with links to other resources and toolkits to help you care for your child.
If you have any questions or comments about the Online Resource Parent Training content or quizzes please contact Theresa Becker, Director of the Montana Child and Family Services Resource Parent Licensing Program. Her email address is Tbecker @ MT.gov.
We are transitioning over to a new system for better tracking and ease of use. If you have already entered our training modules using the other system please continue your training through the new link. We will continue to track your progress to make sure your Resource Family Specialist knows your completion date, otherwise the system will be tracking all new accounts.
The new system is a link to Moodle, a learning management system. It requires you to self-register so please follow the steps below.
- Click on the button below, it will open in a new tab on your computer, you will be asked to add this course to your cart. This course is free and you will not be asked to add payment information.
- Once you place the course in your cart you will be prompted to check out.
- After you hit the checkout button, you will be asked to register. If this is your first time logging in, you will be creating an account. If you have already created an account, use your previous sign in/password.
- Click on the SELL link on the left, then select Non-credit courses. Select the course title Resource Family Online Training and add to cart.
- Follow all of the remaining prompts. Some of the same screen prompts you previously saw before will come up. Continue to select "submit" until you get to the final screen, which is an order receipt.
- You will receive an email within minutes confirming your registration, within 24 hours you should receive log in information via email. Once you receive your log in information you may start your training.
We hope you enjoy this new experience, if you have any questions please feel free to call. Moodle also has a wonderful help desk to assist you, email email@example.com or call 406-243-4999.