Vision & Mission
Creating a Healthy, Progressive Global Community
The School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training prepares graduates to be competitive entry level professionals or candidates for advanced study in applied and clinical health professions. The faculty, staff, and students of the School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training engage in professional education, scholarly activity, and meaningful public service. The School emphasizes the integration of healthy lifestyles, basic science, preventative medicine, and clinical care across the lifespan.
The School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training has established the following goals in support of our vision and mission:
- Promote an understanding and appreciation for the scope of the profession
- Enhance student awareness of departmental mission and goals
- Coordinate student development of the basic skills germane to effective practice as health and human performance professionals or successful pursuit of advanced studies
- Cultivate higher-order thinking skills that increase students' involvement and interest in their own learning, promoting a lifelong quest for knowledge
- Nurture cognition of the multiple dimensions of health (physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social and environmental)
- Advocate respect for the uniqueness and dignity of others
IPAT also offers a comprehensive graduate curriculum which prepares post-graduates to become effective health and human performance professionals or competitive candidates for advanced study in related disciplines.