The University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education through 2028. Please visit ACPE for more information.
Why Attend the Skaggs School's Doctor of Pharmacy Program?
First-Time Naplex Pass Rate
Ranked #2 Nationally
Graduate Debt-To-Income Ratio
Gradtuate Employment Rate
2019 Residency Match Rate
MBA, MPH, MS, PhD
Scholarships Awarded Annually
Keeping YOUR training affordable
UM Skaggs School of Pharmacy awarded an average $165,752/year in scholarships from 2015-2018.
In-State Tuition & Fees
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees
In many instances the cost of attending Pharmacy School in Montana as an out-of-state student is less than their own in-state programs.
It's something worth looking into.
$15,000 tuition reductions for eligible non-resident WUE applicants
10/26/2020 -New -Out-of-State Tuition Academic Merit Award
Unique clinical experiences and exposure throughout your Pharm.D. program, equipping our graduates with skills for providing care, population health and outreach, and rural and underserved health:
Pharmacy-based immunization training and certificate during first semester of pharmacy school.
Innovative small group discussion and problem-solving throughout P1-P3 years.
Students provide immunizations and wellness screenings to UM campus and people in Montana who may not have access to these services.
Variety of clinical embedded introductory pharmacy experiences and simulations in the didactic curriculum through P1-P3 years.
Frequent college- and state-wide interprofessional experiences.
Availability of longitudinal introductory practice experiences and training in antibiotic stewardship.
Required clinical rotations and experiences in rural and underserved health.
In-house Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Center and retail pharmacy.
Extensive dual degree offerings: PharmD/PhD, PharmD/MS, PharmD/MPH, and PharmD/MBA.
- Opportunity to participate in International Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs) in India, Borneo, Scotland, France, Peru and Romania
- Global health APPE: Interprofessional experience (pharmacy, PT, public health, family medicine residency) in a low-resource setting, learning about both public health and direct clinical care. Pharmacy students learn about travel medicine, tropical disease, WHO essential medications, traditional medicines used in other cultures, healthcare systems/policy, and the role of the pharmacist in these settings. In the past, the partner organization has been located in Indonesian Borneo, and we intended to send students to India in 2020.
- Scotland APPE: Travel to several NHS sites where students learn about pharmacy practice in the UK and are exposed to direct patient care in community pharmacy settings.
- France APPE: Exchange program with the University of Rennes (students must be fluent in French).
- Natural Medicines APPE in Peru: Offered by Global Awareness Institute, rotation takes place in Peruvian Amazon
- Romania APPE: For MBA dual-degree students, students learn about health systems from a business standpoint and providing care in a low resource setting