Certificate in Epidemiology (CE)
The Certificate of Epidemiology (CE) requires the completion of 12 credits and can be accomplished completely online. Non-PUBH course transfer credits may not be applied toward the CE.
The 12-credit Certificate in Epidemiology will provide an overview of epidemiology, the basic science of public health. Students will be taught the principles and methods of epidemiologic investigation and an overview of relevant biostatistical applications, including the basis for conducting and interpreting epidemiologic studies.
- PUBH 510: Introduction to Epidemiology (3 cr) - online course
- PUBH 520: Fundamentals of Biostatistics (3 cr) - online course
(Students choose 2)
- PUBH 591: Communicable Diseases: Epidemiology and Control (3 cr) - online course
- PUBH 591: Spatial Epidemiology (3 cr) - online course
- PUBH 612: Neuroepidemiology (3 cr) - hybrid in-person / online course
- PUBH 613: Spatial Epidemiology (3 cr) - hybrid in-person / online course
- PUBH 614: Environmental and Occupational Epi (3 cr) - hybrid in-person / online course
- PUBH 620: Advanced Quantitative Methods I (3 cr) - hybrid in-person / online course
- PUBH 621: Advanced Quantitative Methods II (3 cr) - hybrid in-person / online course
The CE is geared towards:
- those who currently work in a public health setting but may have no formal public health training
- those who wish to update their public health training
- those who work in related fields and wish to broaden their knowledge of public health issues and concepts.
The CE may also be a good way to get started on the MPH degree (although admission into the Certificate in Epidemiology program does not guarantee admission into the MPH program). The Certificate in Epidemiology option could be completed in as little as a year.